hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Sunday 3 March 2013

Dipping my toe in the water..............

OK! it's a Sunday morning, I have been up  since before ten and I am dipping my toe in the pool of blog land and doing a post! One of the main reasons for this was being asked to take part in my lovely SU mummy- Julie Kettlewells' team newsletter, and produce a make or two.

Now I haven't stopped crafting  if anything I have crafted just as much, and my love for Stampin' Up! has grown even deeper, I just didn't feel in the mood to sit and tippy tap at the keyboard and tickle blogger into playing along, so apologies to those that have missed me, I am hoping to get on here once a week and feel the love for blogging once again, feel free to check out my Facebook page too and click on the like button too, when I get to 200 likes I will tell my convention story, which involves Shelli being less then 10 metres from my knickers!

Anyway now for the stuff you most likely,
came to take a look at....
I have created a small A6 card and a 12x12" layout,
using two new stamp sets from the:

I so like a bit of plaid, and not just for Christmas, and I  created some 'Circle Patchwork' embellishments using the new 'Beyond Plaid' Stamp Set, and one of our circle punches.
The 'Beyond Plaid' Stamp Set,Contains 4 stamps
Wood mounted 129201 28,95 € | £21.95
Cling Mounted 129204 22,95 € | £17.95

The sentiment that adorns both the layout
and the card comes from,
the Gorgeous 'Feel Goods', also from the Seasonal cattie:
 It contains 5 stamps
 Wood mounted 129681 30,95 € | £22.95
Cling Mounted 129684 24,95 € | £17.95
.
Now in the cattie these all read with a feminine slant, but with the crafty use of a 'Stampin' Write Marker' it's easy to not ink the 's' and make it masculine.

I also went out of my safe colour zone and choose to use the not quite green, although not quite yellow colour of 'Summer Starfruit' teamed with the blue inky colour of 'Midnight Muse', as usual the inside of the card got a bit of TLC, with a chevron strip and a sentiment.

It is a photo that I have scrapped before but I so love it, I did another layout, this I am going to pop in a frame and have out, so I can look at it everyday, a mothers love for her Chillibeans xx


On both the lay out and the card I used our lovely 'Line Thread', but on the page the 'Tiny Trinket' embellishments looked very lost, so I tied on one of the 'Naturals Designer Buttons.


 For a tiny touch of journalling I snook in a third stamp set......
Can You tell I have a rubber addiction?
It a fabulous set of ticket stamps called 'That’s the Ticket'' There are 8 in each set:
Wood mounted 128072 27,95 € | £20.95 129567
Cling Mounted 128075 21,95 € | £16.95.
They co-ordinate with the 'Ticket Duo Builder Punch' that can be found on Pg. 182 of the annual cattie.
.
Also this picture shows how I got rough around the edges with the new 'Distressing Tool',this is one of my must have products, and the 2013 Spring/ Summer Seasonal Stampin' Up! catalogue. is so crammed with products, its hard to over look-
Here are the details.....
"Stampin’ Distress Tool
Faster than a speeding bullet. Able to 
distress card stock edges in a flash. It’s a 
tool. It’s a blade. It’s . . . it’s . . . amazing! 
8 access points on blade. Soft grip and
large, easy-to-hold surface area."
5,95 € £4.50 127562

Looking at this pic of my 'Eight' embellishment really does emphasise my rubber addiction......
Because its another set.... think its called 'Memorable Moments'.....but it's in the Annual cattie....
so we wont really count that!.... ;-)


So just to see if you have really been looking, I am springing a pop quiz on you!

Can you spot the sneaky use of another new item from the
that I haven't mentioned in my post?
If you have send me an email- sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk
and give me a comment saying spotted, as we don't want to give the game away!

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my makes, again apologies for leaving it so long, over the next week I will don my flowered swimming hat and dive, again into the pool of blog land.

Love

Sally-Jo
xXx

6 comments:

  1. I love this project, great colours and very clever use of the 'Feel Goods' stamps.
    Good to see you blogging again...now to encourage myself to do the same!
    TFS, Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers what a post! ! Fantastic creations. I love the way you used the circle punch. Going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad you dipped your toe cos these are lovely and thank you for being our first official Stampers Showcase! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these projects Sally Jo..... Glad you dipped those toes again! Now which circle punch shall I try first! Yet again... You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring as usual and SPOTTED, easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great to see you back Sally Jo - I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete